Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

One Reader’s Example of Building the Exercise Habit


Tony shared...

    Here is a sample of what I do on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays.

    4:30 AM – Wake up, wash face to get awake, get dressed and ready to
workout.

    5:00 AM – Start warm-up: exercise bike, body-weight squats,
push-ups, various stretches, etc. This does not include warm-up sets of
the lifts being done. That is part of the workout time.

    5:15 AM – Start actual workout. So, actual workout starts 45 minutes
 after getting up. Warm-up sets are done at this time so heavy lifts
don’t start until I have been up from 45 minutes to an hour. I know an
hour is best but I am pushed for time in the morning. I just use caution
 and am sure to warm up good.

    6:00 AM – Finish workout; start 30 min. Cardio.

    6:30 AM – Finish cardio; take shower and clean up for work.

    7:00 AM – Eat breakfast

    7:10 AM – Leave for work; drive 45 minutes to work (one way)

    8:00 AM – start work

    Usually arrive home from work at 6:00 to 6:30 PM but sometimes as
late as 7:00 or 8:00. That is why I workout out early. If I get home
early and have to go somewhere or work on something at home it is 10:00
at night before I know it and I miss a workout. If I workout in the
morning it is done no matter what else happens throughout the day. Of
course these times aren’t set in stone. They are just a general outline
of the way the morning usually goes.

    On Tuesday and Thursdays I don’t have to get up until 6:30 (NICE!!!)
 That’s one reason I like cardio post workout. Only have to get up early
 3 days per week instead of 6 days.

    I know it wasn’t necessary but I just felt like sharing with
everyone what my typical day looks like since I started working out
again.

Inspiring Dedication & Sacrifice. I admit, 4:30am is too early for
me. But I would wake up that early if had no other choice. I worked for 5
 years as an employee working shifts (1:30pm-10pm & 8am – 5:30pm).
What I did:

    Workout Before Work. Wake up at 8am, have breakfast. Prepare food
for the rest of the day. Wait for an hour for my spine to get hydrated,
workout, shower. Do other stuff for an hour, then leave for work. Home
at 11:00, light snack, go to sleep.
    Workout After Work. Drive straight from work to the commercial gym.
Once I had a home gym: go directly home & workout first thing. Eat,
prepare food for the next day, shower. Do other stuff until bed time.
    Social Life. Only on weekdays I don’t workout & on
weekends/holidays. Which is at least 4 days out of 7.


Prioritize. Arrange your life so you don’t miss workouts. Same with
eating healthy: go the grocery, have healthy food at home, prepare your
food in advance, take food with you, etc. It’s a lot of work? Certainly,
 but:

    It’s only 3days/week
    You get used to it
    There’s no something for nothing
Reactions

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe this site needs far
    more attention. I'll probably be returning to see more, thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete